I am going a start a review of Frontline Plus vs. Advantage Multi. We will talk about the pros and cons. I have tried all the natural medications and they don’t work at all! I don’t like putting pesticides on my puppy but you can’t get around it. People might say they work but I haven’t found one. I’ve used lemon juice, vinegar, tea tree oil and some I have bought on line. They just don’t work!! We will find the best flea and tick medicine dogs like.
- WATERPROOF FLEA AND TICK TREATMENT FOR DOGS: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- BREAK THE FLEA LIFE CYCLE WITH FRONTLINE: Frontline Plus flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- KILLS FLEAS AND TICKS: Frontline Plus flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- TRUSTED FLEA AND TICK PROTECTION FOR DOGS: Frontline Plus has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older.
- LASTING FLEA AND TICK PROTECTION: Frontline’s long-lasting formula is stored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline Plus flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Frontline Plus cannot be used on a puppy less than 5 pounds or under 8 weeks. It kills fleas and ticks but, it does nothing for heart worms or and other parasites. You have to buy the Frontline and a heart worm medication like Heartgaurd or Nexguard. Puppies under six months don’t have to worry about heart worms. At the time your puppy is ready for flea and tick medicine, have your puppy dewormed and start them on the heart worm medication.
Potential side effects of Frontline Plus for Dogs
- Dogs may experience swelling, itching, and irritation where the product has been applied or excessive salivation, diarrhea and loss of appetite. These effects should all subside within 24 hours of applying Frontline Plus; if they persist then you should contact your veternarian.
- Symptoms of allergic reactions include swelling of the face, lips and tongue; itching and lethargy; uncoordinated movements; and seizure, coma or death.
- It’s recommended that Frontline Plus is not used in dogs that are exceptionally young or exceptionally old. Dogs with poor immune systems should also not be given Frontline Plus
Advantage Multi has become a staple in the world of flea prevention, and for good reason. Using both an insecticide (imidacloprid) and a parasiticide (moxidectin) together, Advantage Multi for Dogs is a 100% effective, monthly, topical solution for, as well as for fleas, mites, and heart worm prevention. It is effective in the treatment of certain intestinal parasites including hookworms, roundworms and whip worms in dogs.
A popular form of heart worm control, Advantage Multi for Dogs is a once-a-month topical solution, using two different types of medicine to ward off and kill fleas, mites, and intestinal parasites. Advantage Multi also helps with heart worm control. This is awesome having all your monthly prevention in one plastic vial. Your dog loves you too. It lasts for 30 days.
Advantage Multi flea treatment is waterproof to help guarantee that you get every last one of those days, regardless about rain, or impromptu swimming sessions.
Safe to use on puppies seven weeks and older, and three pounds and up, protect your dog today with Advantage Multi.
- Hair may become damp, matted, oily, or stiff after application and is gone by the second day. Skin may appear pink or have a slight powdery residue; medicinal odor. These effectsHow To are temporary and will not affect safety or effectiveness of the product.
- Dogs: scratching, rubbing or licking at the application site; lethargy, decreased appetite, vomiting, excitement, facial swelling. Contact your veterinarian if you see any of these signs. If your dog ingests the product or licks the application site, serious adverse effects including depression, salivation, dilated pupils, incoordination, panting and tremors may occur.
How To De-Flea Your House
I hate putting this on my dog but there’s no way around it. I have lived through a flea infestation and it was horrible. Your dog is miserable and so are you. First you have to de-flea your dog and I have a cat. I went through all their hair with a fine tooth comb with Dawn in a water bowl. The water was to dip the comb when you got the fleas on the comb and dip it to kill the fleas.
You have to de-flea your house where ever the animals stayed most of the time. Everything had to be washed or vacuumed thoughly. You had to sprinkle backing soda or diatomaceous earth all over your carpet and let it stay on for 24 hours.
I finally got rid of them using a light and a bowl of Dawn water. The fleas come to the flashlight. They go to the water and the Dawn kills them. I couldn’t believe the amount of fleas I got in the bowls every night. After Three nights my dogs fleas and my house fleas were gone.
Don’t try to save money on flea, tick or heart worm prevention. The cheaper versions sound great but they really aren’t. You try to save a couple bucks and it ends up costing you 10 x more. Plus your dog is miserable until the fleas are gone. Don’t forget that heart worms kills.
Whatever prevention you decide, research it well and give it the way your vet tells you too. If you forget a dose, give it immediately. We love our furry four legged kids so we need to take the best care we can. Come back and see me. I think my next post will be potty training.
Please leave comments: Sandra@pamperedpoochpetsalon.com